09 Sep Garden paving: 5 ideas to freshen up your garden path
Garden paving is not just practical, but it can add structure and character to a garden too. There are lots of different types of paths to choose from. Traditional rectangular grey concrete garden slabs are the most popular type. But they’re not the only way to pave your garden.
To smarten up your garden, you may wish to consider a few other options. Here’s some points to consider:
- Classic concrete slabs – these large paving stones are the most common choice for patios and paths. While not the style choice for everyone, they’re a good way to create a clean look and cover a big space efficiently.
- Paving blocks – these are commonly referred to as block paving and are very popular as hard-wearing solution which introduces a pattern to areas it’s laid in. They’re smaller and thicker than slabs, so they also work well as decorative edging around patios.
- Garden stepping stones – These work well when set into lawns, gravel or even the borders between your plants and offer a flat and stable surface for garden paths. They also add a unique feature to any outdoor space which children will enjoy exploring and adults will enjoy watching them do!
- Same style, different material – Like the style but want a change? There are several alternative materials to select from – Porcelain requires little maintenance and resists colour fading;. Natural stone – hard-wearing and durable, it will last for years and is less prone to crack or break; Natural granite – renowned for its strength, granite is a great option for heavily-used areas; Natural limestone – boasts natural veining and a consistent colouring across slabs which give the stones a sleek and tidy look; Natural slate – an increasingly popular choice or Natural sandstone – available in tonal variations, riven profiles and natural veining, sandstone injects rustic style into any outdoor space. Partnering with matching setts and garden stepping stones works well.
- Same material, different texture – Slabs are no longer all smooth or dotted. Today they come in a huge range of textures which can add a different look to your garden. For up-to-date patios and balconies, smooth and glossy porcelain slabs offer a sophisticated finish that which blends well with white walls and evergreen planting. Alternatively, look at natural stone or stone-effect slabs – perfect for period properties and rustic-style gardens.
TTS Garden Services offers a full range of garden maintenance services to clients across Perth & Kinross.
We have a great team who are fully qualified and reliable as well as being customer-focused.
We’re here to help and happy to share advice & tips to help customers get the most from their gardens.
Please contact us for more information.